Monday, December 13, 2010

Just a little talk

Relationship Talk
Respect,Double standards,Opinions & Twitter

Me and my cousin had a really interesting talk about relationships that I thought I
should share.

Me: What do you believe is the most important thing you value 
from your girl? And what do you want her to value the most
from you?


Jay: Aight see when I actually have a girl that I'm claiming, 
the most important quality I need or like to see from her is loyalty.
As my girl I need her to be loyal to me. That includes having my back, 
keeping it a hunnid, not cheating,always being there for me. 
And If im giving my all into loving her, she needs 
to give the same back.   


Me: And what do you want her to appreciate the most from you?


Jay: The same thing. The fact that I'm going to treat her how she deserves
if she lets me. If she stays loyal to me ill take care of everything she'll 
ever need. 



Me: I respect that. 


Jay: Me too lol. Tell me this, why do females get so jealous? 
Are yall threatened by other women, especially women on facebook 
and twitter?


Me: Jealously is a natural emotion everyone feels at some point. 
lol My politically correct answer. But no I don't think its about feeling
threatened. As far as twitter and facebook, my boyfriend shows me off 
on both of those sites all the time. 
If you follow him on twitter then you know about me. But there are girls who 
still will flirt with your nigga on there. And thats where it becomes disrespectful. 
Like if it was a regular conversation I wouldn't give a rats ass.
But when they flirt knowing damn well he has a girlfriend it pisses me off. 
Like it could be all jokes to her but if i become uncomfortable 
with it then its a problem.


Jay: So I mean In those situations what do you expect your boyfriend to do about
a bitch that's coming at him.


Me: Honestly. If shes irrelevant, like most of those bitches are, then stop
talking to her. Then we'll never have that problem again. If its a friend
then you need to sit her down let her know "look you making my girl 
uncomfortable, just chill". I don't think that's too much to ask.


Jay: That's not too much to ask. But would you do the same for him?


Me: Definitely. I really care about my boyfriends feelings more then some
random nigga on twitter that I don't go home to, you feel me. And I think thats
where the double standard comes in. 


Jay: Well I do see a double standard in relationships. Actually recently me
and my gf got in a argument over some twitter shit.   


Me: lol what happened?


Jay: Basically a friend of mine had a tweet about how she likes how boyshorts
make her butt look. And I subtweeted her something like "Yeah me too"
And my girl peeped it, investigating and shit and got real mad about it. And
to me I couldn't believe we was really arguing over some little twitter shit. Like
I didn't go and fuck the girl so why was it that serious. 


Me: But you know you were wrong right?


Jay: I mean she was right like it was uncalled for. And it didn't do nothing
but sice the other girl. And hurt my girl feelings, and I wasn't even tryna do 
all that. 


Me: EXACTLY Like people only say "Its just twitter" when they fuck up. 
By saying that to that girl, you done brought a guard up in your girls head.
Like you just took a shot at the wall of trust she built for you. Yeah yall
not married but your serious and that shit was so unnecessary.  


Jay: Yeah man, I felt bad. But that's what I'm saying about the double standard
thing. Cuz If she subtweeted a nigga about his dick, it would be a problem.
When I'm on twitter I don't flex cuz I'd be pissed if I hurt my girl enough 
with lil irrelevant shit on there that it broke us up. Cuz what I got is way more
important then that twitter and facebook shit real live. 


Me: YES!!!!!!! Say it again Jay!


Jay: Real live lls 


Me: So you think social networks can ruin relationships?


Jay: Nah. I think a lack of mutual respect will ruin a relationship.
Like people take that shit so serious. Get on there and say anything, getting 
caught up in the moment. Then later and look at it and be like damn that did
sound bad I hope my girl don't trip. Niggas like that lack mutual respect for
their girl. I never have to speak to her about her twitter conduct so why the 
fuck would I go on there and bam out. Nah, I love the fact that she not no 
twitter joint and i don't have never have to worry about that. Ima give her that
same respect back. 


Me: That's how it really should be. People act like they cant have fun if
they not flirting lol. But recently I adapted this no expectations thing 
for my relationship. 


Jay: So you just let him do whatever he wants is what you saying lol?


Me: Sorta. Cuz first off I have a good dude who I loooove.
But for a while I had been trying to protect myself from getting hurt
by always letting it be known when I had a problem with something or
when something was bothering me. And it got to the point where I guess
I was starting to nag and that's a no no. So as a woman I had to respect 
the fact that he'll do what he wants, but if he hurts or disrespects me, im gone.
Just like that. Kinda the same attitude men have. "I love you but if you fuck this
up, that's on you"


Jay: You shoulda been had that attitude yung


Me: I know right. That's a big part of trust. I fully trust him with my heart 
and I know I have no worries. I just needed that reality check for myself.


Jay: GOOOOOD


Me: Good talk! 


Jay: Yup.